Quora is the hub for this automation because it has 400M MAU’s and is one of the most trusted platforms online for answers to the toughest questions by experts in those fields.
The genesis to this platform began with my personal experience – I have been in a number of industries as the head of marketing. Each time I enter a new vertical, I have to create channel partnerships and work with other companies and platforms in that industry in order to execute my strategies. Certain industries are very bureaucratic. When I entered the auto industry I discovered that most auto-specific org’s are very difficult to break into unless you are seen as someone with clout in the industry. I was already an avid Quora publisher at this time, but I had not published anything under the topics around the automotive vertical I was in. So, I implemented this very strategy to get to the most viewed writer in one of those topics and reach out to the other most viewed writers under those topics for backlinks and referral/affiliate relationships, which I got.
Fast-forward a year, when I am helping a client adjust his personal brand – he was known as a realtor for several decades, but entered the tech space and needed some thought leadership and personal branding to help him (a) raise money, and (b) gain clout in the space. The process I executed for myself was perfect.
Since then, with some new help and some new steps, we have created a comprehensive and proven strategy to help people in need of personal branding that showcased themselves as thought leaders, but without having to spend the enormous amount of time necessary to do this the typical ways (by showing face and creating a ton of content for a long period of time).
Here’s the gist:
- We start with Quora and choose a topic based on some key criteria.
- Then, we scrape said topic followers and enrich that data for LinkedIn profiles.
- Next, we scrape questions posted under that topic.
- Then we organize the sheet by views on the top answer under each question thread.
- Now that we have our priorities, we take the content from the blog, or any other sources already published, and match it to questions.
- Then we start re-purposing said content as Quora answers.
- Now is when we run auto-profile views and connection requests on our enriched leads in LinkedIn.
- Next, we will publish the Quora answers to LinkedIn as link-posts (summarizing them to 1200 characters) and link those back to the article on the site.
- Finally, we upvote and engage with all of the above to keep those answers high in the threads.
I use this strategy to (a) quickly show thought leadership and subject matter expertise under a topic so that I can then (b) gain personal branding around by building trust and credibility with those who follow it, and finally (c) rank for those long-tail ‘buying’ keywords (quora threads are indexed).
To get the details, book a call with me now: